If you like Pina Coladas, and taking walks in the rain, we have found the love that you’ve looked for . . . and it is Belize. Specifically the Placencia penninsula, and quite probably the Belize Ocean Club in Maya Beach.
Apologies to Jimmy Buffett, but besides cold fresh fruit drinks, and warm tropical rains, there are beautiful, white sugar sand beaches, temperate tropical weather, and the Caribbean ocean. All the ingredients for a memorable getaway, and for many ex-pats, a new home.
What makes Placencia so special?
- Delightfully friendly people and opportunities of exceptional customer service.
- Exotic location, and unspoiled nature with great snorkeling, diving, and eco-tourism.
- Prices are affordable, and you can find delicious food and a variety of services, such as spa treatments.
- The slow pace.
You might not like it, if you are looking for:
- Exciting nightlife, though Placencia can pull off a spring-break vibe.
- Hollywood-style shopping. However, you can find local art to take home, including a some prolific wood-workers who make beautiful bowls.
- Manicured and controlled nature. With all the gravel and sand, high-heels will stay in your bag; as well as your suit coat.
Bring your bathing suit, sun block, and Deet, and get your Belize on.
How we got here: Traveling to Placencia
Where we stayed: the Belize Ocean Club (March 2016)
March 24, 2016 at 6:35 am
You make me rethink my prior stance of “I hate Belize” 🙂
March 25, 2016 at 12:32 pm
Book me now!!!